BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

About Me

Jayme
Hi! My name is Jayme and it is my pleasure to share my world with you! If you are reading this you are either family, a friend or just someone who is nosy and curious about my life. Either way...Welcome! I have been married for 3 years and we just had our first child, Carson Ace Nyborg! He is so cute and is growing like a weed! I can speak for my husband and I both when I say he is absolutely the best thing that has every happened to us! Carson is part of the reason I wanted to start a blog. So many people love him and I want those people to be able to read about his life and watch him grow. I will also be writing about this and that! Whatever comes to mind! Hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile

Saturday, December 17, 2011

February 8th, 2011- The day our lives changed forever!
Excuse the typo's! It's too late to proofread!

I left my doctor's appointment on February 7th with plans to be induced as scheduled on February 9th, 2011! We stopped to eat at Chili's and then headed home. On our way home from the doctor's office I received a call from a number I didn't know, so I didn't answer. When the number called a second time I answered! It was Dr. Marks and I will never forget what he said.."Jayme, Dr. Marks. Do you want to have a baby tomorrow?" Keep in mind that I was being induced in two days, but something about his question sent me into a speechless shock. My eyes teared up and in disbelief I told Craig we were going to have a baby in the morning. We spent the next couple minutes calling family and texting friends.

Fun fact: Without planning it, the first meal I had after I found at I was pregnant was at Chili's and the last meal I had before he was born was at Chili's! Pretty ironic since we rarely even eat there!

That night at home Craig and I finished packing the bag for the hospital, cleaned up the house, did all the necessary awful preparation required the night before you are induced and then curled up in bed. Laying there I remember us just saying in happy awe, "We're going to have a baby tomorrow." Even though I already loved Carson, and knew that our life would be even better with him, a small part of me was sad that the end to "just the two of us" was near. The love I have for Craig is something growing up I thought I could only dream of having. To have it for each other and to live that kind of love is something I hold very dear to my heart. I know how silly it sounds, it seems silly to me, too, but that is how I felt! A mixture of sad for that part of my life to end, and even more happy for the next chapter to begin. After talking a little more about how excited we were, we went to sleep!

At 4:30 the next morning we woke up, got dressed and took the last picture of me pregnant at home, and the last picture of Craig at home before he became a daddy!! On the way to the hospital I ate one piece of toast and some sugar free fruit punch (which I came to regret later). I will never forget taking the McCain exit and driving up to the first red light. I couldn't believe this was finally happening. To this day I can't make that drive up to that red light without a flood of memories and happy tears coming to my eyes. We finally arrived at the hospital. It was so cold. As we walked into the hospital I slowed down and remember thinking that was the last time I would be outside as a "non-mommy."





As we walked into the hospital we followed the directions that had been given to us and began to walk down this long hall. Halfway down this hall we both thought we were lost so we turned around and asked someone for directions only to be told we had originally been going the right way. This hall was so long. We arrived at the check in station and the lady asked a couple of questions and then took us to our room right away. Within minutes I was in a gown and the inducement had began.

After my first examination I was told that I was already dilated 4cm and that Carson would be here by noon!! Everyone sounded so positive that this birth would be super easy and super short, which made me extremely happy! Mike, the anesthesiologist came in shortly after to put in the epidural. I loved Mike, as I later repeatedly told everyone. The contractions were like menstrual cramps on steriods!!
 
During a contraction!
So I give a big shout out to all you mom's that had a natural child birth!! Not only did I have an epidural, but I was hitting the button every time I could to give me more pain medicine (which I now regret)! Throughout the morning my family came in to visit! My mom and dad, brother and sister, and aunt and uncle were all there. For all that know me this will not be a suprise, but during this time Jessica, my sister, redid my makeup! Judge me if you want!! :)



Pictures of family visiting are below!








Dr. Marks came in around noon and said that it was time to start pushing. We were so excited!! As this process began we learned that Carson was face up. As I pushed, Dr. Marks carefully and slowly tried to turn Carson over so he would be ready for delivery. I pushed and pushed, and ugh...the heartburn was AWFUL! So awful in fact, that I kept throwing up. Boy was I nauseous. It was a terrible feeling. I felt as if the dry heaving would never stop, but still...I pushed and I pushed. Thirty minutes passed and Carson was still face up. Dr. Marks told me that my contractions were lasting 90 seconds and within that 90 seconds I needed to push for 10 seconds three seperate times. The heartburn was flaming in my throat, and I was pushing so hard that I kept getting lightheaded and almost passing out. I pushed and I pushed and I pushed and I pushed and NOTHING! No Carson! :( After pushing for well over an hour I was told that Carson was stuck in my birth canal. Poor baby.What a stressful way to enter the world!?! This was also the time when my epidural began to wear off and my best bud, Mike, came back in to give me a 2nd epidural.  After actively pushing for over 2 hours, Dr. Marks began telling me very nicely, sweetly, slowly and all medical termy about the complications. I interrupted and said "Are you telling me I have to have a c-section?" He said yes and began to explain and ask me some questions. I told him that I trusted him and if he felt like I needed a c-section then that's what we would do.

I asked when we were going to the c-section room and he said now! I'm not sure why that caught me off guard. Before I knew it, they were wheeling me down the hall. At this point I was told that Craig had to wait in the hall until I was prepped. I did not like this at all. Another thing I didn't like was the 2 little petite nurses that were about to transfer me from the delivery bed I was in, to the surgery table. I said "whoa whoa whoa...where are the men?" Who were those women kidding? There I was, as big as the broad side of a barn and these two women that I weighed more than with them combined wanted to pick me up. I don't think so. After Dr. Marks and Dr. Mike arrived they began to transfer me over. They told me that I would feel like I was going to fall on the floor, but they promised me I would not. They were right, I almost had a panic attack when they rolled me on my side. My whole belly was hanging off the table. I'm not sure why Craig couldn't be in the room. I didn't like it that he had to wait in the hall.

Craig suited up and ready for the c-section!

I didn't want to know anything that was going on, so I asked them to keep their progress to themselves. I was nervous and I was really stressing out. Dr. Mike was so sweet to me. He kept rubbing my face to calm me down. I had never had surgery before. I was so scared that I would feel them cut me open. When I expressed this to Dr. Marks he said "do you feel that?" I said no and he informed me that they had already cut me open! That relieved my worries for the time being. I had taken so much pain medicine that morning that I was pretty loopy. Plus, no one warned me that they would be stretching my arms out and strapping them down to a table. That part really freaked me out. I couldn't move my arms, I couldn't feel my legs and my stomach was cut wide open. The panicking really started at this point. Craig was now able to come back into the room. I had just been cut open and Craig later told me (BEWARE: GRAPHIC INFO) that the first thing he saw was my bloody stomach wide open and the nurses throwing bloody rags onto a sheet so they could keep up with how much blood I lost (which ended up being way too much and I was marked anemic and a fall risk my whole time in the hospital)! Craig says that we held hands while I was on the table and that I just stared at him and my eyes were saying "Am I going to be ok? I love you!"

Carson Ace Nyborg, the love of our lives, was born at 3:00 p.m. weighing 8 pounds and 13 ounces measuring 19 inches long. I saw Carson pass by me and the happy tears began...for about 15 seconds that is until I realized that if Carson was out, closing up my stomach would soon begin.

Seeing Carson for the first time!!

Crying, slimy, beautiful baby! :)

8 pounds 13 ounces

Craig was so happy that Carson was born, but worried for me. The nurse said "Daddy, now would be a good time for a picture." While Carson was laying on the scale to be weighed, Craig was stretched out holding both of our hands. From the get go, Craig has been taking care of both of us! :)  I asked what was next and Dr. Marks told me he was about to staple me shut. This sudden overwhelming fear came over me and I couldn't get it to stop. I DID NOT want to hear those staples going in me, and I KNEW that I would. I couldn't breathe. My arms were strapped down. I wanted OFF OF THE TABLE and I wanted off RIGHT THEN. My chest started closing up, they were about to staple me shut and I was about to try to jump off of the table. I asked Craig if he would hold my shoulders down because I knew I was about to try to jump off the table and I needed him to hold me down. Nothing was making me better. It was awful. I just wanted to stay wide open. I DID NOT want those staples. I DID NOT want those staples. I DID NOT want those staples. I was nearly scared to death....

Next thing I know, I woke up in a regular room. No baby, all stapled shut. In the midst of my panic attack Dr. Mike had given me the nitrous mask and it knocked me smooth out. I woke up loopier than ever. That was probably a good thing because Carson had to be put on oxygen in the nursery and I couldn't see him.
Had I not been loopy I would have been freaking out! Family came in and out of the room I was in, I rambled on and on about Dr. Mike and who knows what else! I barely remember this afternoon at all. What I do remember is the ETERNITY I had to wait before I could see my baby boy. Craig had taken pictures of Carson in the nursery and brought them back to me. He was so precious. I wanted to hold him. I slept a lot that day and I asked A LOT of nurses, doctors, etc. when I was going to be able to see Carson.
Picture (through the window) of the proud Daddy in the nursery!


On oxygen in the nursery before I got to hold him. :(

Pictures of everyone getting to see Carson except me are below! :(








At 11:00 p.m. on February 8, 2011 the nursery nurse wheeled Carson into our hospital room. Wow...I loved him. He was so little in my arms. Our little family was finally together.

Our first family photo!
  

Hello World!











Craig was such a proud daddy. I love him for so many reasons, but most of all for being the most amazing, wonderful and proud Daddy our little boy could ever ask for.

0 comments: