BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

About Me

Jayme
Hi! My name is Jayme and it is my pleasure to share my world with you! If you are reading this you are either family, a friend or just someone who is nosy and curious about my life. Either way...Welcome! I have been married for 3 years and we just had our first child, Carson Ace Nyborg! He is so cute and is growing like a weed! I can speak for my husband and I both when I say he is absolutely the best thing that has every happened to us! Carson is part of the reason I wanted to start a blog. So many people love him and I want those people to be able to read about his life and watch him grow. I will also be writing about this and that! Whatever comes to mind! Hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile

Monday, February 13, 2012

National Board Certification

I am attempting to get my National Board Certification! For all of you who are familiar with the process you know how stressful this process can be. For those of you who don't, just take my word for it, that the process can absolutely make you lose your mind! I am frustrated right now. Generally speaking I don't have trouble writing, but I have never been assessed on EVERY SINGLE WORD! Why did I write that sentence? How did what I wrote impact my student's learning? How do I know my student's learned the concept? What did I do to assess their learning? Why did I do that to assess their learning? What do I know about my students that made me answer all of the questions above the way I did? As far as the actual writing goes...am I descriptive writing, analytical writing and reflective writing? Am I using the buzz words and the suggested phrases that have been given to me? While answering all questions am I addressing the 5 core propositions? Am I addressing the 13 standards? Am I answering the specific questions that are asked for each entry? Am I leaving anything out? Am I writing too much? Am I showing how I know my students? How I got to know my students? How I used that information to plan my lesson? Am I meeting the needs of all my students? Am I being fair? Did I use technology? How did I use it? Why did I use it? What student needs did I meet by using it?

Just a little of what is running through my head at the current moment! There will be more as the day goes on I'm sure because everytime I get frustrated I'm coming here to get it off of my chest! :)

0 comments: