BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

About Me

Jayme
Hi! My name is Jayme and it is my pleasure to share my world with you! If you are reading this you are either family, a friend or just someone who is nosy and curious about my life. Either way...Welcome! I have been married for 3 years and we just had our first child, Carson Ace Nyborg! He is so cute and is growing like a weed! I can speak for my husband and I both when I say he is absolutely the best thing that has every happened to us! Carson is part of the reason I wanted to start a blog. So many people love him and I want those people to be able to read about his life and watch him grow. I will also be writing about this and that! Whatever comes to mind! Hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

*The Day I Married My Best Friend*

June 28, 2008 I walked down the aisle to parts of  the song "Me & You" by Kenny Chesney!


"Ordinary, no. Really don't think so, not a love this true. Common destiny, we were meant to me, me & you. Like a perfect scene from a movie screen, we're a dream come true. Suited perfectly for eternity, me & you. Ordinary, no. Really don't think so, just a precious few ever make it last, get as lucky as...me & you."

On this day, I took Craig Nyborg to be my husband, my best friend and my one true love. I seem at a loss for words when trying to write about this day. I just can't quite figure out how to transfer my feelings from my heart to the computer. It was a beautiful day! I wasn't your typical bride. I didn't need thousands of dollars spent to make my day amazing! A few special touches here and there, a groom that will always love me and take care of me and family and friends as our witnesses was enough to make our day amazing. During the ceremony we played a slideshow that showed pictures of both of us growing up and then pictures of us as a couple. While this slideshow played a song said it all! "When God made you, he must have been thinking about me!" This is so true. It's weird, I know, but I feel like I loved Craig before I met him. It's like I knew God had a man for me and I had my expectations and one day...there he was, the love of my life,my best friend.

I know pronounce you Mr. & Mrs. Craig Nyborg
"How sweet it is to be loved by you!"
Our reception was small with just finger foods and visiting. I hear the food was good. I wouldn't know, because I barely got to eat any. After the wedding we greeted approximately 150 guests, then made our way around the reception to try and say a more personal hello to each person. By the time we were finished making one round around the room, cutting the cake and all those rituals it was time to go take our pictures together. To do over I would do something different with the pictures. Our seperate pictures for the day started at 10:00 a.m. and the wedding was at 2:00. By the time Craig and I took pictures together it was almost 5:00 and we were more than exhausted. Our pictures are pretty much terrible for my standards. Either way, a wise student pointed out the following to me one day when I said something about our pictures: "Mrs. Nyborg, would you rather have perfect pictures and a rocky marriage or a perfect marriage and not so amazing pictures?" Point taken!







After the guest left, Craig and I decided to play a little basketball! We decided to shoot free throws and said that whoever made the most free throws out of 10 would get to wear the pants in our relationship! :) Wouldn't you know it...we tied! Just like it should be! After that, I was EXHAUSTED! It was time for me to gather up my things and get out the door!! Even though I was tired, I was still motivated to get on the road because we were going to CANCUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited!


It was the longest day of my life and remember I'm saying this after giving birth to Carson! A day that was filled with 2 hours of active pushing, lots of pain medication and a c-section! We were both so tired and hungry! On the way to Memphis we ate the small amount of food that was packed up for us from the reception. Then, when we got to the hotel in Memphis (our plane didn't leave until the morning) we ordered a HUGE order of nachos from room service! They were so good.

Craig is my soul mate and I will love him until the day I die! Long day and all, our wedding was perfect for us and I couldn't have asked for more.
*********************************************************************************

Since I don't have a lot to say about our honeymoon I will add it to the end of this post!! The Grand Caribe Real Resort was Paradise. I will never forget the way I felt when I walked into the lobby. Notice I didn't say through the door. There were no doors. It was so open and beautiful with the highest ceilings I have ever seen and a view of the ocean from anywhere in the lobby. Just saying it's a lobby doesn't seem to give it justice. It was more like the entry way to Paradise! The water, oh man the water was beautiful. Everything was beautiful. Just thinking about it right now makes me want to start saving to go again!

Our days consisted of eating endless amounts of yummy food, laying out on the beautiful beach and being brought drinks oceanside! It was the life! There were no cell phone towers so we weren't worried with missing a call or text. We didn't have a care in the world.




I had the time of my life and I feel like I can speak for Craig, too! We had an AMAZING time!

0 comments: