BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

About Me

Jayme
Hi! My name is Jayme and it is my pleasure to share my world with you! If you are reading this you are either family, a friend or just someone who is nosy and curious about my life. Either way...Welcome! I have been married for 3 years and we just had our first child, Carson Ace Nyborg! He is so cute and is growing like a weed! I can speak for my husband and I both when I say he is absolutely the best thing that has every happened to us! Carson is part of the reason I wanted to start a blog. So many people love him and I want those people to be able to read about his life and watch him grow. I will also be writing about this and that! Whatever comes to mind! Hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile

Monday, July 11, 2011

The propsalS- Notice this is plural!

From the day Craig and I met, we both knew our relationship was serious business. Within a few weeks we were already saying that we loved each other and let me tell you...we meant it!




On March 17, 2006 (St. Patrick's Day) Craig and I were out with a few friends. Craig asked a girl at our table if he could have her pony tail holder on her wrist. She said yes and with that pony tail holder as cheesy and cheap as it may sound, one month and one day after we met Craig asked me to marry him for the first time!!!!! Not only did I say yes, but I wore that pony tail holder on my finger for months!! Well, not the same pony tail holder. It started to cut the circulation off of my finger and Craig gave me a rubberband.





The night Craig proposed for the first time! Fatbacks- March 17, 2006!

A week later was spring break! When I came back from spring break I walked in to Craig's room at his apartment and he was playing my favorite song, had changed his screensaver to say I love you, Jayme and had a present sitting in front of his computer for me. The contents of this gift were: a bag of rubberbands so I would never run out of rubberbands to wear, children's liquid tylenol because I don't like to take pills and a bag of my favorite candy at the time, blow pops. I think there was one rose sticking out of the bag. Craig just said there wasn't so who knows!!




In the following months Craig upgraded my ring to an orange and yellow stretchy beaded ring he got out of a quarter machine. The next was a large purple stone ring that he got out of a 50 cent machine.




To show you how fast things were moving, on May 2, 2006 Craig sort of proposed for the 4th time. I was taking a nap and he called and said "I left my glove at the field and your neighbor (who was a player also) picked it up for me and put it on your back porch. Could you make sure it's there for me?" I was thinking "I don't want to get out of bed." Terrible, I know! When I opened the back door I saw a vase with a dozen white roses and a card. I was in awe of the sweetness. With the door open I sat in the doorway and opened the card. In the card was a picture of us from the night we said "I love you" for the first time.












Kodak moment caught by Sarah Phillips! Right after we said
"I love you" for the first time! :)



I'll spare you the sappy details of the card, but it ended like this "I trust you in every way. I think this because of the way we look on the back of this picture. I knew right then, no doubt in my mind, that I want you for the rest of my life, Jayme Leigh White. I love you and some day I will marry you when we are ready." Then, on the inside of the card he wrote "There is something in the flowers that you might want someday." When I looked at the flowers, looped around one of the stems I saw a ring. Sure it was a $15 ring from WalMart, but it was exactly like a ring I saw in a magazine and he knew I liked it! With perfect timing, just like the movies, as soon as I pulled the ring out of the flowers Craig walked in. I was crying of course!






 Lastly, and most importantly, on July 26, 2007, Craig and I were at WalMart and I wasn't feeling very good. I told Craig my stomach was hurting and when we left he turned the opposite way of our apartments (we were neighbors)! I kept asking where we were going and he wouldn't answer. Finally he turned into UCA and we started walking around. I didn't think much about it because when I don't feel good I like to get fresh air by taking a walk. We started walking around and I thought something was different and I was thinking "is he going to propose?" The first hint was when we went to sit on the steps of Conway Hall (my dorm freshman year) he kept touching his pocket like he didn't want me to see something. I thought that I would help him out so I asked him if he wanted me to switch sides and he said no! After that I thought maybe he's not going to propose. I started showing him around to all of the different places I had been throughout my 4 years there. Kind of replaying things I had done, places I had been so the two of us could inour minds experience them together. To name a few, we sat on the steps of Conway Hall, walked outside of the cafeteria, walked past the 3 buildings most of my classes were in, went to the place where I had gone to a Haunted House and walked past the football field. At this point I was back to thinking he was about to propose and once again I was thinking I could help him out. I thought he was trying to get me to the baseball field since that was where we met, so I said "Hey! Let's walk over to the baseball field." Craig said "No, that's too far to walk!" Again, my mind changed and I didn't think he was going to propose. We started walking again, holding hands, and I thought quit overthinking things, YES he is about to propose. I said "isn't this romantic?" His answer "No, it's hot!" After that, I thought absolutely not going to happen. You see, I really wanted Craig to propose. We didn't talk about it much, but we had looked at three different jewelry stores and I had picked out my favorite ring from each place. I really wanted it to happen, but unfortunately it wasn't going to happen this night. We continued to walk around UCA, the place we met and fell in love, and since it was so hot outside we went over to my favorite part of UCA, the fountain, so the water would blow on us in the wind! When we got over to the fountain I asked Craig if he wanted to make a wish. He said he didn't have any change so I reached into the fountain and got a penny out (shhh...don't tell)! I asked him if he wanted his own penny, but he said we could share. I was sitting on the edge of the fountain as I started to think about what I wanted to wish for. What I came up with went a little something like this..."I wish Craig and I would be together forever. I love him, and I don't care about a ring or a proposal...I just want him!" I flipped the penny into the fountain and it was a beautiful flip of a coin if I do say so myself. Since I usually can't flip coins very well I was pretty excited. I turned around said "Dude, did you see that flip?" As those words came out of my mouth I saw Craig down on one knee. The next words I heard were "Jayme, will you marry me?" My hands immediately flew to my mouth and I started crying. I said to him "Is this a joke? If it is, it isn't funny." Then, I said "YES!!!" We hugged, I cried, and he finally said "Do you want to see the ring?" I had totally forgot!!! It was a BEAUTIFUL ring and an amazing night!!!!!!!!!!!!



When we got to my apartment after Craig proposed (for real)!
Love this because of the walmart bags in the background!
Reminds me of how our night began!




A reinactment of the night he proposed!
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!



0 comments: