BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

About Me

Jayme
Hi! My name is Jayme and it is my pleasure to share my world with you! If you are reading this you are either family, a friend or just someone who is nosy and curious about my life. Either way...Welcome! I have been married for 3 years and we just had our first child, Carson Ace Nyborg! He is so cute and is growing like a weed! I can speak for my husband and I both when I say he is absolutely the best thing that has every happened to us! Carson is part of the reason I wanted to start a blog. So many people love him and I want those people to be able to read about his life and watch him grow. I will also be writing about this and that! Whatever comes to mind! Hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile

Monday, July 11, 2011

How this all got started! Beware: This post is full of cheesiness! :)

Craig Nyborg, big bad, handsome, charming baseball player transferred to the University of Central Arkansas Spring 2006!




WOW! Enough said! :)

The first time I saw his name I was helping redecorate the baseball locker room and he needed a locker. The lockers were assigned by numbers and the three new transfers didn't have numbers. The coach told me to put them in a locker and that would be there number! Craig Nyborg ended up in the #10 locker. That same day I needed to assign the new players to diamonds. These diamonds would support these players throughout the year. One diamond said "I want a cute player." I looked at the list and sight unseen I said "I bet Craig Nyborg's cute!"


The first time I met Craig I was trying to sell him tshirts. Three players had transferred in 2nd semester and I wanted to make sure them and their families had UCA baseball shirts and hoodies! Craig was the last to order and to be honest was aggravating me. I needed to place the order and he hadn't gotten back with me. I didn't know who he was. I just knew I needed his order. After a game I went to the edge of the dugout and said "I need to see Craig Nyborg." He came around the dugout and right then at the gate of the University of Central Arkansas' baseball field I met the man that would change my life forever. I remember trying to take his order and it went a little something like this:


Me: What tshirts do you want?
Craig: What do you think I should get?
Me: Do you want your name on the back?
Craig: What would you do? 


And on and on! He tells me now that he never wanted me to leave, so if he didn't answer I would stay there and keep talking. He was gorgeous of course, but I didn't think much more about it. I wasn't there to meet a man, and to be honest I'm sure I felt he was out of my league. After all, he was the handsome, mysterious transfer from Madison Area Technical College...why would he want to be with me!?


Around that same time I was playing intramural basketball and one of my teammates said "do you know any cute baseball players you could fix me up with?" I said "you won't believe this, but just the other day I met Craig Nyborg and I think you guys would be great together. I'll see what I can do!" A couple days later I saw Craig at a beginning of the year dinner. He was acting out a skit making fun of one of the coaches. He was so cute. I had never had a real conversation with him (except for the tshirts), but wow, he was handsome. I was taking pictures for a scrapbook and of course I have one of him! Before I knew him, I knew I loved him. It was as simple as that!


The picture from that night!



A day or so later, February 16, 2006, to be exact I was outside of the baseball house talking to a couple people and I asked them if they wanted any cupcakes because I had some extra at my apartment. They said no, but someone behind me said "I want some cupcakes!" I'll give you one guess who that person was...Craig! I told him he could have them, but they were at my apartment and I would have to bring them to him later. We exchanged numbers and I told him I would call him later. This was important...I had to pick the perfect time to give him the cupcakes. I had a lot to do that day and I didn't want to have to leave if I was having a good time. I told him I had an intramural basketball game at 9:00, but that I could bring them by after that! I was really aiming to impress. I was wearing basketball shorts, a cut off tshirt and tennis shoes. I had my hair up in a bun and had been sweating like crazy! Good thing I didn't dress up, because when I got there Craig was in his pajamas! I know it was late, but once I got there we had so much fun talking and I ended up staying for a few hours. His roommate, Jeremy Cloud, was there and we had the best time just talking and getting to know each other. He was amazing, and I couldn't wait to see him again. We've been together ever since! Needless to say, I did not set him up with my teammate! He was all mine!


Craig's pajamas!



White confetti cupcakes with cream cheese icing and sprinkles! Who would have thought those cupcakes would have been the reason I met the man of my dreams!?!

0 comments: